Course coordinator: dr. Alberto de Luca
Credits: 2.5 EC
Lecturers: dr. Alberto de Luca, Mathijs de Boer, Giulia de Donno
Topics on deep learning for medical image analysis will be introduced:
- Machine Learning fundamentals
- Deep Learning
- Convolutional Neural Network
- Network Architectures
- Medical Image Analysis applications
During practical sessions students will improve their understanding of the above topics. Additionally there will be a homework group assignment to be handed in at the end of the course.
Upon completion of the course, the student:
- will be familiar with the concepts of machine learning and deep learning
- will be familiar with the latest developments and clinical applications of these techniques
- has a basic understanding of neural networks for medical image analysis
Literature / study materials
“Deep Learning with PyTorch” by Eli Stevens, Luca Antiga, Thomas Viehmann ISBN: 9781617295263
Please note that the book is available as an e-book on the website of Utrecht University Library.
Prerequisite knowledge: none
Date: Mondays between 9-16h, 13 November 2023 – 22 January 2024
Registration: Please check the registration procedure for the enrollment deadlines. Other UU and TU/e partnership students can register for this course via Osiris Student. Students from outside the UU or TU/E partnership can register for this course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, student number, Master’s programme and the course code.
For directions to the lecture rooms go to Route.d