Bachelor course Medische Beeldvormende Technieken

Coursecode: bmw11105
Coursecoordinator: Chantal Tax
Credits: 7.5 EC
Lecturers: dr. Arnold Schilham, Bastiaan van Nierop, Chantal Tax, Roel Deckers

Course description:

In this course the most important medical imaging modalities will be treated. After an introductory lecture, x-ray imaging (radiography, fluoroscopy, digital subtraction angiography, computed tomography), nuclear imaging techniques (SPECT & PET), ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) will be discussed. The increasing importance of medical imaging for diagnosis, guiding surgery and minimally invasive radiological interventions will be emphasized. During the course, representative problems will be handed out and discussed.

This course will be taught in Dutch.

Prerequisites: Physics level VWO Natuurkunde

Literature/study material used:
Reader (including all handouts and assignments) to be handed out during first lecture
“Basic principles of MR Imaging”, published by Philips Nederland

Date: 7 February – 10 April 2024; on Wednesday and Friday mornings

Examination: Halfway through the course a test will be set on the material taught in the first part of the course. This will count for 20% of your final mark. The other 80% will be the result of the final test set at the end of the course.

Registration: via OSIRIS for Bachelor students. PhD candidates can register by sending an e-mail to PhD candidates will receive 4.5 EC for this course.


For directions to the lecture rooms go to Route.