Coursecoordinator: dr. Alexander Leemans
Credits: 2.5 EC
Lecturers: dr. Alexander Leemans
The course covers theory and practice of processing, analysing and visualising diffusion MRI data. Key concepts and practical considerations of data processing and analysis are explained. Topics include:
- Quality assessment
- Artifact correction
- Diffusion approaches
- Fiber tractography
- Automated analyses
- Visualisation methods
During computer practical sessions students will learn how to work with real diffusion MRI data.
- can identify common MRI artifacts present in diffusion MRI data
- will know the basic processing steps required for diffusion MRI
- is able to discriminate between different diffusion MRI model strategies
- will have basic hands-on knowledge of analysing and visualizing diffusion MRI data
- will understand the limitations and pitfalls in the context of neuroscientific and biomedical applications
Literature / study materials
- hand-outs provided by lecturers
- suggested reading material
Examination: written exam at end of course
Prerequisite knowledge: none.
Date: Mondays between 9 – 16 hours, 11 December 2023 – 29 January 2024
Registration: Please check the registration procedure for the enrollment deadlines. Other UU and TU/e partnership students can register for this course via Osiris Student.Students from outside the UU or TU/E partnership can register for this course by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your name, student number, Master’s programme and the course code.
For directions to the lecture rooms go to Route.